Sunday 10 May 2015

Bork Bork Bork

I have wanted to get this guy on the tabletop for quite a while now. I had been looking for something new from my Warmachine/Hordes and needed something to break my Grim habit. So for a change of pace I pieced together a few list ideas, painted him up and played a few games. I think this guy just might get me excited to play my Trollbloods all year!


Jag tror inte rida en björn!
 No, not that guy. This guy:


Borka, Vengence of the Rimeshaws

He is the new Warlock for the Trollblood faction in Hordes. He is a drunken warrior warlock who rides a bear into battle. Yep a Bear! How could I possibly lose?
Here is the list I have been testing out:

Borka, Vengeance of the Rimeshaws - WB: +6
-    Mulg the Ancient - PC: 12
-    Troll Axer - PC: 6

Horgle Ironstrike - PC: 3
-    Pyre Troll - PC: 4

Fell Caller Hero - PC: 3
Saxon Orrik - PC: 2
Stone Scribe Chronicler - PC: 2
Fennblade Kithkar - PC: 2
-    Stone Scribe Elder - Elder 1
Pyg Burrowers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 6
Pyg Bushwhackers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 8
Dannon Blythe & Bull - Blythe & Bull: 4

Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes - Leader & 3 Grunts: 3

It has a few things I want to be good but will need further testing to see if I cannot find a better alternative (looking at your Dannon Blythe & Bull). I feel I need some long range shooting hence the bushwackers. I am trying out a smaller battlegroup with the Pyre on Horgle to try to address the low fury score on Borka. Burrowers are there because Burrowers always get their points back.

So far my games have seen me up on control points after the feat turn. This is forcing my opponent to kill Borka or lose on Scenario. If that trend picks up I might have to squeeze in a bouncer. 

It did make me paint a few more models (basing them tonight):
Dannon Blythe & Bull

Saxon Orrik


The photos are not the best, it was done on my cellphone camera which will have to do while I find my camera charger.
Also you might of noticed the Wargames Factory boxes in the background. That is because I have poor impulse control and bought an entire Impetus army from Mighty Ape after a brief chat at work and a list sent from Tim.
Look out for my Gaul-ish updates to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment